Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Is it heaven?

It's overcast...after a long stretch of unusually sunny, calm December days, so finally finding these soft, springtime pictures from the Genetic spring/summer 2010 lookbook makes me so happy. I would turn tricks for Genetic, nearly...I got a pair from the Resort collection for my birthday and I cannot take them off.

^ I wonder if that's the new Whisper color...a military officer won the name contest for it...how cute!




^ Oh my god...circle studs inside rips



^I've been looking for the perfect denim shorts

^*faints* the zippers



Nana of Fly Paper describes the showing of the collection under a giant denim tree:

Standing under a weeping willow "tree" featuring 25,000 denim "leaves" that the Genetic team spent nine days building (to express the notion that a tree that bends bears fruit --> a person who humbles him/herself is a true success), Creative Director Ali Fatourechi pointed out that his spring 2010 offerings are not so much about keeping up with trends as they are an exercise in fabrication and experimentation. Case in point: the "lace"/paisley-esque print on the jeans above and the "skin" denim the model is wearing as a top. When you wash it, it takes on the texture of alligator skin, he explained. Cool.

All Genetic Denim Lookbook s/s 2010 via Denim Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment